The Green Bay Packers today announced the 2014 summer youth football camp schedule for children ages 6 to 14, which includes camps in 10 Wisconsin locations.
The camps provide non-contact instruction led by professional coaches and Green Bay Packers alumni, including John Anderson, Ahman Green, Johnnie Gray, Dexter McNabb, Bryce Paup and Bill Schroeder. Participants learn to run, throw, catch, defend and compete in the Packers way.
Packers summer youth football camps include three program options, depending on age and skill level. The Comprehensive Skills Camp is for newcomers ages 6-14, or kids that want to give football camps a try. The Accelerated Skills Camp is for league-experienced players ages 9-14. This is an "advanced classroom" within the Comprehensive Skills Camps. Private Instruction camps are also available, during which students receive position-specific football training from an expert coach.
New this summer, the Packers have partnered with USA Football to bring Heads Up Football curriculum to the camp program. The Heads Up program teaches tackle-bound players proper techniques for tackling so they play better, safer football. For more information on USA Football and Heads Up Football, please visit www.usafootball.com.
Below is the 2014 summer youth football camp schedule. All camps run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. Camps are $320. Students who register before April 25 can save $50 on the total price. For more information, visit www.PackersCamps.com, or call 866-246-9800.
June 16 to June 20
- Madison: Abundant Life Christian School, 4901 E. Buckeye Rd.
- Mequon: Trinity Lutheran School, 10729 W. Freistadt Rd.
June 23 to June 27
- Franklin: Milwaukee County Sports Complex, 6000 W. Ryan Rd.
- Waukesha: Heyer Elementary School, 1209 Heyer Dr.
July 7 to July 11
- Kenosha: Kenosha YMCA, 7101 53rd St.
- Oshkosh: Oshkosh Community YMCA, 3303 W. 20th Ave.
July 14 to July 18
- Glendale: Nicolet High School, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Rd.
- Green Bay: Green Bay East High School, 1415 E. Walnut St.
July 21 to July 25
- Elm Grove: Elm Grove Lutheran School, 945 Terrace Dr.
Madison: Bishop O’Connor Center, 702 South High Point Rd.