A new Green Bay Packers Pro Shop will open to the public on Thursday, July 17, 2014, with contests, giveaways, a ribbon cutting and more. A ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at 9 a.m. on July 17. When the doors open, it will mark the start of four days of special promotions, contests and giveaways. Details will be announced in the coming weeks.
“We have a lot to celebrate and so do Packers fans,” said Kate Hogan, Packers director of retail operations. “There will be so much more to love! We wanted to create a place that would stand on its own, whether in Green Bay, Wis., or any other metropolitan city in the country. It is truly going to be a shopping destination and experience because of all there is to see, as well as all the merchandise that will be available.”
The new store totals 21,500 square feet, more than double the previous store size. The Packers Pro Shop has been relocated from the Lambeau Field Atrium floor to a newly created lobby level, which is now the ground floor. The store now spans the entire front side of the Atrium.
When shoppers enter the store from the main entrance on the north side of Lambeau Field, they’ll immediately see a six foot tall, authentic, scaled replica of a gameday helmet hanging from the ceiling. Once inside the Packers Pro Shop, there will be a lot to shop for, including:
- A jersey section featuring more than 15,000 units of Packers jerseys
- A wall of hats; something to top everyone’s head
- The Packers “garage” which will feature tailgating accessories as well as home goods
- A large section of Packers collectibles
- Men’s, women’s, youth and children’s sections
- A non-branded area featuring goods by top companies, including: Lucy, Kühl, Nike golf, and Cutter & Buck
Trying on items will be easy and convenient with three large fitting room areas located throughout the store. Check out will also be easier than ever with more checkout stations. On gamedays and other event days a new checkout area, with 19 stations, will move fans and guests quickly through the checkout.
Shoppers and fans will also be interested in some of the unique design features of the Packers Pro Shop:
- A football light fixture that measures 10 feet by 6 feet
- A two-sided video wall featuring 12, 55-inch panel TVs that can be used simultaneously as well as individually
- Flat screen TVs will be located throughout the store, continuously broadcasting Packers news, games and NFL highlights
- Jersey-striped store columns with custom lighting
- More than 50 custom-made mannequins, including green and gold mannequins
- A refurbished 1957 decked out Packers truck
Escalators inside the Packers Pro Shop will take shoppers to the main floor of the Atrium where, by the end of 2015, they’ll be able to visit the newly relocated and expanded Packers Hall of Fame as well as a new restaurant. The Packers Pro Shop development is part of a $166 million Lambeau Field renovation/expansion project, paid for without public money.
“All of us at the Packers are excited about the new Packers Pro Shop,” said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. “It is different from what most team stores look like. We think fans and shoppers are going to love it.”
Packers Pro Shop hours are: Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.– 6 p.m. Sunday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Special hours during training camp, the holidays and for special events. For more information, go to: www.packersproshop.com