The Green Bay Packers and Humana Inc. honored 10 Community Quarterback Award winners Friday, Nov. 14, and hosted the recipients at a luncheon in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The recipients were recognized for their work in the community. Each Community Quarterback Award winner received a $4,000 grant for his/her non-profit group and two tickets to the Dec. 28 Packers vs. Detroit Lions game, where they will be recognized on the field.
“The Packers are proud to honor these inspiring role models,” said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. “Our community is a better place because of their dedication as volunteers for these important organizations.”
Funded by the Green Bay Packers, Green Bay Packers Foundation, NFL Foundation and Humana Inc., the Community Quarterback Award recognizes outstanding volunteers within the state of Wisconsin. Non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations nominated outstanding volunteers who demonstrate leadership, dedication and a commitment to bettering their communities through volunteerism. The volunteers are not compensated for their services.
The award is presented by Humana Inc., which provided each winner with the tickets to the Dec. 28 Packers-Lions game. In addition, Humana contributed $20,000, bringing the total amount awarded to $40,000.
“Community involvement is important to us because it’s central to a person’s sense of belonging and their overall well-being,” said Jerry Ganoni, President of small business and specialty benefits at Humana. “Humana supports the Community Quarterback Awards because we want to foster volunteerism and community engagement here in the Green Bay area and throughout the country.”
The winners of the 2014 Community Quarterback Awards and their affiliations are as follows:
- Cathy Jarosinksi of Green Bay – Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, Inc., Brown County District, De Pere
- Steve Paradowski of Milwaukee – Kathy’s House, Wauwatosa
- Mark DeBruin of Appleton – Housing Partnership of the Fox Cities, Inc., Appleton
- Delbert Dietzler of Rudolph – Wisconsin Rapids Family Center, Inc., Wisconsin Rapids
- Nancy and Randy Knapp of Manitowoc – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Manitowoc County, Manitowoc
- Tuesday Guys – Lou French, Jim Janette, and Dave Jones of Nashotah – Inspirio Youth Ministries Inc., Nashotah
- Donajane Brasch of De Pere – NAMI Brown County, Inc., Green Bay
- Hans Lux of Green Bay – Green Bay Area Crime Stoppers Inc., Green Bay
- Jeremy Kivett of Green Bay – Salvation Army, Green Bay
- Julius Lindsey of Green Bay – Brown County Human Service Department – PALS Program, Green Bay
Please visit www.packers.com/community/community-programs/community-quarterback.html for more information about the Community Quarterback Award.
Humana Inc., (NYSE: HUM) headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading consumer-focused health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships. More information regarding Humana is available on the company’s web site at www.humana.com.