1. Morgan Burnett vs. Adrian Peterson—Burnett will likely be the Packers’ eighth man in the box. He should wear the larger model shoulder pads for this game.
2. Marshall Newhouse vs. Jared Allen—The Vikings defensive end feeds off the Metrodome noise. Newhouse struggled with Allen in last year’s game in Minneapolis.
3. Aaron Rodgers vs. Cover Two—The Vikings will play it and Rodgers and Co. must beat it.
4. Evan Dietrich-Smith vs. Letroy Guion—The Vikings nose tackle is underrated. He’s a plug against the run that can collapse the pocket and force the quarterback to run.
5. Clay Matthews vs. Christian Ponder—Some early pressure could unnerve the young quarterback. Additional coverage - Dec. 28