Click here to vote for Aaron Rodgers!
Quarterbacks DREW BREES of the New Orleans Saints, AARON RODGERS of the Green Bay Packers and BEN ROETHLISBERGER of the Pittsburgh Steelers are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on November 18-22, while running backs FRED JACKSON of the Buffalo Bills, MAURICE JONES-DREW of the Jacksonville Jaguars and MICHAEL TURNER of the Atlanta Falcons are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com. New this year, fans will be able to keep tabs on the achievements of their favorite Air & Ground players (and others) with the NFL Milestone Tracker, presented by FedEx.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team’s city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and safety signs to traffic barriers and educational training.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New Orleans Saints QB DREW BREES completed 29 of 42 passes for 382 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions in the Saints’ 34-19 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Green Bay Packers QB AARON RODGERS completed 22 of 31 passes for 301 yards and four touchdowns in the Packers’ 31 – 3 win over the Minnesota Vikings.
- Pittsburgh Steelers QB BEN ROETHLISBERGER completed 18 of 29 passes for 275 yards and three touchdowns in the Steelers’ 35 – 3 win over the Oakland Raiders.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Buffalo Bills RB FRED JACKSON led the Bills to a 49-31 win over the Cincinnati Bengals rushing 21 times for 116 yards and two touchdowns, including Buffalo’s final touchdown on a 30-yard touchdown run with 1:52 left in the game.
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB MAURICE JONES-DREW had 23 rushes for 133 yards plus a reception off a screen pass that he ran for 75 yards to setup his game-winning one-yard rushing touchdown in the Jaguars’ 24-20 win over the Cleveland Browns.
- Atlanta Falcons RB MICHAEL TURNER had 28 carries for 131 yards and one touchdown in the Falcons’ 34 – 17 win over the St. Louis Rams.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx understands the need for a winning game plan, and created the Air & Ground program to highlight superior on-field performance among the league’s top-performing quarterbacks and running backs. Because FedEx has thousands of delivery trucks out on the roads each day, the company is committed to funding pedestrian safety improvements in local communities, donating more than $13 million to Safe Kids Worldwide since 2000. Follow FedEx on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter @FedExDelivers and track the conversation at #FedExNFL.