Vote for Aaron!
Quarterbacks JOSH FREEMAN of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, CARSON PALMER of the Cincinnati Bengals and AARON RODGERS of the Green Bay Packers are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on December 23-28, while running backs LeGARRETTE BLOUNT of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, MATT FORTE of the Chicago Bears and ADRIAN PETERSON of the Minnesota Vikings are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com. New this year, fans will be able to keep tabs on the achievements of their favorite Air & Ground players (and others) with the NFL Milestone Tracker, presented by FedEx.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team’s city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and safety signs to traffic barriers and educational training.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB JOSH FREEMAN threw five touchdowns completing 21 of 26 passes for 237 yards in the Buccaneers’ 38-15 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Cincinnati Bengals QB CARSON PALMER completed 16 of 21 passes for 269 yards and four touchdowns in the Bengals’ 34 – 20 win over the San Diego Chargers.
- Green Bay Packers QB AARON RODGERS completed 25 of 37 passes for 404 yards and four touchdowns in the Packers’ 45 -17 win over the New York Giants.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB LeGARRETTE BLOUNT rushed 18 times for 164 yards in the Buccaneers’ 38-15 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Chicago Bears RB MATT FORTE rushed 19 times for 113 yards and one touchdown in the Bears’ 38-34 win over the Yew York Jets.
- Minnesota Vikings RB ADRIAN PETERSON rushed 22 times for 118 yards and a touchdown to help the Vikings upset the Eagles 24-14 on Tuesday night.