- Selected by Green Bay in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL Draft with the No. 137 overall selection, joining Trent Murphy (Washington, second round, No. 47 overall, 2014) as the only Stanford linebackers to be selected in the NFL Draft since 2008.
- Is the first defensive player Green Bay has selected from Stanford since DE Lester Archambeau was chosen in the seventh round (No. 186 overall) in 1990.
- Helped Stanford make a bowl appearance all four years as part of a school-record seven consecutive bowl games and win three Pacific-12 titles (2012-13, 2015). Appeared in three Rose Bowls, helping the Cardinal win two.
- Finished collegiate career with 257 tackles (137 solo), 13½ tackles for loss, 6½ sacks, five interceptions and five forced fumbles in 51 games played. Started the final 27 games of his collegiate career.
- Led the team in tackles as both a junior (102) and senior (141). Ranked No. 1 in the Pac-12 and No. 7 nationally in tackles in 2015.
- As a senior, he was named third-team All-America by The Associated Press, second-team All-America by USA Today and Phil Steele’s College Football, and first-team All-Pac-12 by AP and Phil Steele’s College Football.
- In 2015, he was a Butkus Award semifinalist and was on the watch lists for the Rotary Lombardi Award, Nagurski Trophy and Bednarik Award, as well as a quarterfinalist for the Lott IMPACT Trophy.
- Named third-team All-Pac-12 by Phil Steele’s College Football and All-Pac-12 honorable mention in 2014 after starting all 13 games and recording a team-best 102 tackles (53 solo).
- Earned his degree in management science and engineering at Stanford.
Attended Mountain View (Ariz.) High School (2008-09), Santa Rita (Tucson, Ariz.) High School (2009) and Canyon del Oro (Oro Valley, Ariz.) High School (2010-11)…Set the school record at Canyon del Oro with 247 tackles…Two-time Southern Arizona Player of the Year and was named PrepStar All-West Region…Played tight end, running back, linebacker and wide receiver…Registered 1,100 yards of total offense as a senior…Lettered one year in basketball and volleyball and two years in track.
Given name Blake Edmon Martinez…Born in Tucson, Ariz. …Single…Nicknamed “Machinez” in college…Doesn’t eat sweets…Spent time in college working as an intern in commercial real estate…Worked at a homeless shelter and children’s hospital and helped out at a dog-shelter auction while in college…Residence: Tucson, Ariz.