- Selected by Green Bay with the second of two fourth-round choices (No. 137 overall), the second of two compensatory choices awarded to the team in the 2016 NFL Draft.
- Became the first defensive end from Northwestern to be drafted since DE Corey Wootton was selected by the Chicago Bears in 2010 (fourth round, No. 109 overall). Also became the first player from Northwestern drafted by Green Bay since DT James Anderson in 1973 (14th round).
- Played in 48 games with 33 starts for the Wildcats and registered 134 tackles (83 solo), including 31½ tackles for a loss, 12½ sacks, three interceptions (one returned for a TD), 21 passes defensed, three fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles.
- Earned second-team All-Big Ten honors as a senior in 2015 after posting 46 tackles (27 solo), including 13½ tackles for a loss (second on the team), three sacks, an interception, a fumble recovery and seven passes defensed.
- Set a school single-game record and tied the sixth-best mark in conference history with six tackles for a loss in Northwestern’s win at Nebraska in 2015.
- Was an honorable mention All-Big Ten choice as a junior in ’14 after recording 41 tackles (25 solo), including eight tackles for a loss, four sacks, a forced fumble and eight passes defensed.
- Played in 11 games with nine starts as a sophomore in ’13 and recorded seven tackles for a loss (tied for second on the team) and 4½ sacks (third).
- Was one of four true freshmen to play for the Wildcats in 2012 and was named to ESPN.com’s Big Ten All-Freshman team.
- Earned all-state recognition at Rockford (Ill.) Boylan High School, where he was named the Northern Illinois Conference (NIC-10) Defensive MVP as a senior in 2011 after registering 65 tackles, including 21 tackles for a loss, and 10 sacks.
- Was a member of back-to-back state championship teams in 2010 and 2011 as Boylan finished with a perfect 14-0 mark in both of those seasons.
- Earned his degree in economics.
Earned IHCA 7A all-state recognition at Rockford (Ill.) Boylan High School, where he was named the Northern Illinois Conference (NIC-10) Defensive MVP as a senior in 2011 after registering 65 tackles, including 21 tackles for a loss, and 10 sacks…Also was an all-state selection that season by the Chicago Tribune and the Champaign News-Gazette…Earned All-Midwest honors from SuperPrep…Was also named team MVP as a senior…Was a member of back-to-back state championship teams in 2010 and 2011 as Boylan finished with a perfect 14-0 mark in both of those seasons…Also lettered one year in basketball as a center and played baseball as a freshman…Was named to the honor roll as a junior and as a senior.
Given name Dean Vincent Lowry…Born in Rockford, Ill. …Single…While he was in college, visited elementary schools in Evanston, Ill., to discuss the importance of education and exercise with students…Residence: Rockford, Ill.