- Returned to action in 2013, appearing in the final seven regular-season games and the Packers’ playoff contest.
- Spent the first half of the 2013 campaign on reserve/physically unable to perform as he continued his rehabilitation from the broken leg he sustained in Week 15 at Kansas City in 2011.
- Was activated to the 53-man roster leading up to the Week 10 contest vs. Philadelphia and made his season debut the next week at the N.Y. Giants in Week 11.
- Did not play at all in 2012, spending the entire season on reserve/physically unable to perform.
- Appeared in five games as a rookie in 2011, seeing time at tackle with injuries to veteran LT Chad Clifton and second-year RT Bryan Bulaga.
- Saw his most significant action in Week 5 at Atlanta when he played RT for most of the game with Bulaga sidelined and Clifton exiting on the second series.
- Also got time at LT in Week 14 vs. Oakland as part of a rotation with second-year T Marshall Newhouse.
- Had his debut season cut short in Week 15 at Kansas City when he sustained a broken leg after another player fell into the back of his leg.
- Selected by Green Bay in the first round with the No. 32 overall selection, the first Mississippi State offensive lineman in school history to be selected in the first round.
One of the most accomplished offensive linemen in Mississippi State history, he played in 47 career games for the Bulldogs with 35 starts at tackle, working his way into the offensive-line rotation as a true freshman in ’07…Earned his bachelor’s degree in business administration in August 2010 and took post-graduate classes focusing on financial risk management, insurance and financial planning in the fall semester in 2010.
Given name Derek Lee Sherrod…Last name is pronounced sher-ROD...Born in Chula Vista, Calif. …Single…Older brother, Dezmond, earned a Super Bowl ring as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ practice squad in 2008…High school: At Caledonia (Miss.) High, was a first-team all-state selection by the Mississippi Association of Coaches and the Clarion-Ledger…One of only 16 offensive linemen to earn a spot on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Super Southern 100 team…Ranked the No. 13 offensive tackle in the nation by Rivals.com…Named the Gatorade Mississippi Player of the Year as a senior…A four-year starter on the offensive line and a three-year regular as a defensive lineman…Earned all-area recognition three times from the Columbus Commercial Dispatch…Was selected to play in the Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Classic and the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., following his senior season…Allowed just one sack as a senior and was credited with 32 pancake blocks…Also posted 79 tackles, six sacks and four fumble recoveries as a defensive lineman…Added three blocked kicks…Earned second-team all-state recognition from the Mississippi Coaches Association as a junior…Registered 93 tackles, four sacks and three fumble recoveries as well that season…Also lettered all four seasons in basketball and once in track…Posted a 3.5 grade point average…Community involvement: Took part in the United Way’s annual Hometown Huddle project in October 2011 at the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary…Served breakfast at a local elementary school while in college…Also participated in a kids’ fair at the school and read to students to promote literacy…Organized a Thanksgiving food drive…Hobbies/interests: Enjoys watching movies, playing video games, listening to music and playing disc golf...Lists The Colbert Report, Tosh.0, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead as his favorite TV shows...Names Anchorman as his favorite movie and French Montana, King Los and Eminem as his favorite musical acts...Residence: Columbus, Miss.