- Selected by Green Bay in the third round of the 2016 NFL Draft with the No. 88 overall selection, the first Utah State player to be picked by the Packers since DB Ed Berry in 1986 (seventh round).
- Started all 41 games he played in at Utah State and registered 253 tackles (104 solo), 36 tackles for a loss, 12 sacks, four interceptions (including one for a TD), eight passes defensed, five forced fumbles and seven fumble recoveries.
- Was named first-team All-Mountain West as a senior in 2015 after ranking first in the nation with five fumble recoveries and posting a school-record 12 quarterback hurries.
- Ranked second on the Aggies with 82 tackles in ’15, including a team-high 15 tackles for a loss, along with four sacks and two forced fumbles.
- In 2015, was named to the watch lists for the Bednarik Award, the Butkus Award, the Nagurski Trophy and the Lombardi Award. Was a semifinalist for the Butkus Award, which honors the nation’s best linebacker.
- Became one of just 15 players in school history to earn first-team or second-team all-conference recognition three times during his career (2012-13, ’15).
- Played in just one game as a junior in 2014 after sustaining a season-ending knee injury in the second quarter of the season opener at Tennessee.
- Started all 14 games as a sophomore in 2013, earning second-team All-Mountain West honors and Sophomore All-America honorable mention from College Football News.
- Led the team with 13 tackles for a loss, was tied for first with two forced fumbles and ranked second with five sacks in ’13.
- Started all 13 contests as a redshirt freshman in 2012, earning first-team All-Western Athletic Conference honors as well as Freshman All-American recognition from the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA). Became just the fourth freshman in school history to earn first-team all-conference honors and the first to be named a Freshman All-American by FWAA.
- Ranked second on the team with three INTs as a redshirt freshman and registered 87 tackles, which was tied for No. 3 in school history among freshmen.
- Entered Utah State as a walk-on in 2011 before a scholarship opened up that fall.
- Earned 5A-I all-region honors on both offense and defense as a senior in 2009 at Mesa (Ariz.) High School, seeing action at LB, QB and WR as he led the Jackrabbits to their first 5A state championship appearance in 17 years.
- Posted 68 tackles, two interceptions and a forced fumble on defense and caught 36 passes for 662 yards (18.3 avg.) and five TDs on offense. Also completed 22 of 38 passes (57.9 percent) for 334 yards and four TDs with one INT.
- Earned his degree in business administration in the fall of 2015.
Earned 5A-I all-region honors on both offense and defense as a senior in 2009 at Mesa (Ariz.) High School, seeing action at LB, QB and WR as he led the Jackrabbits to their first 5A state championship appearance in 17 years…Posted 68 tackles, two interceptions and a forced fumble on defense and caught 36 passes for 662 yards (18.3 avg.) and five TDs on offense…Also completed 22 of 38 passes (57.9 percent) for 334 yards and four TDs with one INT…Rushed for 159 yards and three TDs on 22 carries (7.2 avg.), highlighted by a 97-yard TD run in an Oct. 2 game that was tied for the second-longest rush in school history…Added four catches for 65 yards (16.3 avg.) in that game, a performance that earned him the U.S. Air Force Team Player of the Week award…As a junior, was named team MVP after starting at QB, safety and kickoff/punt returner…Also earned 5A-I all-region honors as a junior…Lettered four years in basketball and two years in volleyball, taking home 5A-I all-region honors in both of those sports.
Given name Kyler Bruce Fackrell…Last name is pronounced FACK-rull…Born in Mesa, Ariz. …Married, wife’s name is Elizabeth…The couple has a 1-year-old daughter, Delaney…Painted houses in the year between graduating high school and enrolling at Utah State in 2011…Visited elementary schools and Little League football practices while he was in college…Worked as an umpire for Little League baseball games during a summer in college…Was a teammate of LB Jake Doughty, who was with the Packers during the 2014 preseason, at Utah State…Residence: Logan, Utah.