- Has appeared in 45 regular-season games during his three seasons as a pro and has registered 23 tackles on special teams, No. 3 on the team over that span behind only CB Jarrett Bush (36) and S M.D. Jennings (24).
- Appeared in 14 games in 2013 and posted career highs in receptions (six) and receiving yards (30). Added five tackles on special teams.
- Played in all 16 contests in 2012 and finished fifth on the team with eight special teams tackles.
- Appeared in 15 games in 2011, second most among Packers rookies behind only LB D.J. Smith.
- A key contributor on special teams in ’11, he finished fifth on the team with 10 tackles, which was also second among Green Bay rookies behind only Smith (11).
- Saw his first career action on offense vs. Oakland in Week 14 of the 2011 season following the season-ending knee injury sustained by TE Andrew Quarless the previous week at the N.Y. Giants.
- Scored a TD on his first offensive snap, a 4-yard grab from QB Aaron Rodgers against the Raiders.
- Was drafted by the Packers with the first of two seventh-round picks (218th overall), the first player drafted by Green Bay out of North Carolina since DT Vonnie Holliday (first round, 1998).
An all-way player early in his college career as a tight end, linebacker and special teams contributor who emerged as his team’s primary threat at tight end as a senior…Was a special teams captain for two seasons at North Carolina, in 2008 and 2010, the two years sandwiched around the 2009 season he lost due to a knee injury…Played in 48 games with five starts during his career, with all five starts coming at tight end as a senior…Interestingly, his position coach at North Carolina during his freshman 2006 season was John Gutekunst, father of Packers director of college scouting Brian Gutekunst, and his position coach his final two college seasons was Allen Mogridge, who was also Starks’ position coach for his freshman season in 2006 at Buffalo…Earned his degree in communications.
Given name Ryan Lawrence Taylor…Born in Winston-Salem, N.C. …Single…High school: A two-time all-conference selection at Mount Tabor High in Winston-Salem, helping lead the team to the quarterfinals of the 4A state championships his last two seasons…Set single-season school records with 64 receptions for 1,180 yards (18.4 avg.) and 13 TDs as a senior…Also rushed 13 times for 85 yards (6.5 avg.) and three TDs and returned nine kickoffs for 177 yards (19.7 avg.) and 16 punts for 111 yards (6.9 avg.)…As a junior, caught 54 passes for 995 yards (18.4 avg.) and 12 TDs…Also played DE and turned down lacrosse scholarship offers to stick with football…Community involvement: Visited U.S. troops in Japan during the offseason…Played video games with troops overseas as part of the “Pro vs. GI Joe” program...Participated in the Green Bay Packers Golf Invitational in Kohler, Wis. …While in college, volunteered with Habitat for Humanity and Big Brothers Big Sisters and visited the burn unit of a hospital on campus...Hobbies/interests: Enjoys playing golf, target shooting and fishing...Lists five-time Pro Bowl TE Wesley Walls as his favorite athlete, having worked out with the former Packer (2003) in Charlotte during the summers...Lists Entourage as his favorite TV show and Braveheart and The Last of the Mohicans as his favorite movies...Enjoys reading Malcolm Gladwell books...Names George Strait, Kings of Leon and Mumford and Sons as his favorite musical acts...Enjoys visiting Lake George, N.Y., where his family has had a home for 60-plus years...Residence: Charlotte, N.C.