- Selected by Green Bay with the first of two picks in the fourth round of the 2017 NFL Draft (No. 108 overall). Joined T.J. Watt (first round, Pittsburgh) as the first pair of linebackers from the University of Wisconsin to be selected in the same draft since Pete Monty (N.Y. Giants, fourth round) and Tarek Saleh (Carolina Panthers, fourth round) in 1997.
- Became the first defensive player from the University of Wisconsin to be selected by the Packers since DE Don Davey (third round) in 1991.
- Matched school record by playing in 54 games, including 40 starts, and ranked No. 7 all-time at the University of Wisconsin with 21½ sacks and No. 10 with 39½ tackles for a loss.
- Also recorded 191 total tackles (117 solo), five passes defensed, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
- Named second-team All-Big Ten (coaches) and third-team All-Big Ten (media) after starting all 12 games he played in as a senior.
- Started all 13 games as a junior and was named third-team All-Big Ten (consensus), ranking No. 2 on the team with a career-best eight sacks and 14 tackles for a loss. Also registered a career-high 66 total tackles (31 solo).
- Saw action in all 14 games, making 13 starts as a sophomore in 2014. Named second-team All-Big Ten (media) after leading the team with a career-best 16½ tackles for a loss and ranking No. 2 on the team with 7½ sacks.
- As a redshirt freshman, played in 13 games with two starts and recorded 25 tackles (19 solo), three tackles for a loss, two sacks and two passes defensed.
- Granted a medical redshirt after a foot injury ended his 2012 season after two games.
- Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in life sciences communication in December 2016, and was a four-time Academic All-Big Ten selection.
Lettered in football (four years), hockey (two years) and track and field (four years) at Lincoln High School (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.)…Was the top-ranked player in Wisconsin by ESPN and Rivals after finishing his career with 425 tackles, 27 sacks, 10 interceptions, 10 forced fumbles, five fumble recoveries and four defensive touchdowns…As a senior, was named All-America by U.S. Army, USA Today and Parade while also being honored as the Gatorade Wisconsin Player of the Year and conference player of the year…Member of the 2011 National Underclassman Midwest Ultimate Top 60 and winner of the John Anderson Award (outstanding linebacker)…Was a finalist for the Dick Butkus Award (top linebacker)…Selected as a team captain and earned first-team all-state, all-region and all-conference honors in both his junior and senior seasons…Earned second-team all-conference honors as a sophomore.
Given name Vincent James Biegel…Born in Marshfield, Wis. …Married to Sarah…His father, Rocky, played linebacker at BYU from 1988-92 and wrestled in 1992...His father was also a two-time state-champion wrestler for Wisconsin Rapids, going undefeated as a senior (winning every match by fall)...His uncle, T.D. Biegel, played fullback at BYU from 1989-93, and his grandfather, Ken Biegel, played linebacker and offensive guard at UW-Eau Claire before becoming a decorated high school coach enshrined in the National High School Athletic Coaches Association and Wisconsin Football Coaches Association halls of fame…His brother, Hayden Biegel, played for the Wisconsin Badgers from 2013-15…His family owns and operates a cranberry marsh…Interned with Merrill Lynch during the summers of 2015 and 2016…Has volunteered at children’s hospitals and for Special Olympics…Residence: Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.