The popular 'Football 101 NFL Workshop for Women' will take place at Lambeau Field on Saturday, Nov. 6, from 1 to 5:15 pm.
An interactive and entertaining event geared towards women to learn about football, 'Football 101' will take place in the Packers’ Tundra Tailgate Zone and in the Don Hutson Center. Cost for the event is $65; attendees must be 16 or older.
The event will be co-hosted by Packers linebacker Nick Barnett and Jessie Garcia, WTMJ-TV’s sports anchor and reporter who also serves as sideline reporter for the Packers Television Network during preseason games. Chef Leo Dominguez, executive chef for Levy Restaurants at Lambeau Field, will be the event’s guest speaker and share his experiences as the executive chef at Lambeau Field which includes preparing food for the Packers and Curly’s Pub, as well as the gameday fare in the private suites and club seat areas.
This year’s event features an informative session with several Packers Women’s Association members), guest speakers, drills and skills session with players in the Hutson Center, a commemorative Packers gift, door prizes, food and beverage. Attendees will learn about the game of football, life in the NFL, and much more.
The day’s agenda includes the following:
- Check in and lunch at the Tundra Tailgate Zone.
- Program at the Tundra Tailgate Zone, including welcome by Jessie Garcia, informative session with Packers Women’s Association members, and presentation by Chef Leo Dominguez.
- Drills and skills with the players at the Don Hutson Center.
- Conclusion and commemorative Packers gift.
4th Quarter (optional)
- Opportunity to visit Lambeau Field Atrium attractions, including Curly’s Pub, Packers Pro Shop, Packers Hall of Fame and Lambeau Field Stadium Tours.
A portion of the proceeds from 'Football 101' will benefit the Packers Women's Association (PWA), a non-profit organization whose main focus is "teaming up with the community."
Payment of $65 is due in advance. Sign-up forms are available online at www.pckrs.com/football101. Interested women also may register by calling 920/569-7251. A ticket for the event will be sent following receipt of the registration fee. Registration is first-come, first-served, and limited to 500 participants. Registration deadline is Oct. 31, 2010.
Associate sponsors for the event include Brakebush Chicken, Copps and Pick ‘n Save.