1. Packers defensive line vs. Matt Forte—The Bears saw what the 49ers did and the Bears are going to try to do the same thing, which is to say they will attempt to run the ball down the Packers’ throats. It all starts here.
2. Tramon Williams vs. Brandon Marshall—Will Williams shadow Marshall? Do the Packers dare entrust Marshall to anyone but Williams? Marshall is the playmaker the Bears haven’t had at wide receiver, and they’ve written him into their playbook in a big way. Defending him will be critical to the Packers’ success on defense.
3. Cedric Benson vs. Brian Urlacher—This is a figurative matchup meant to represent the Packers’ running game, which was nonexistent against the 49ers, vs. the Bears run defense, which has always been spearheaded by Urlacher. Urlacher is admittedly not fully recovered from his knee injury, and the Packers need to exploit that fact and give Rodgers the balance between run and pass he didn’t have against the 49ers.
4. Randall Cobb vs. Devin Hester—They are the two most dynamic return men in the game. Which one will make the big play and be the difference maker?
5. Clay Matthews vs. Jay Cutler—Matthews is back, and the threat he poses can take a quarterback’s mind off what’s happening downfield and turn its attention to what’s happening behind him. Pressure has traditionally had a negative effect on Cutler’s game. Additional coverage - Sept. 12