1. Nick Hardwick vs. B.J. Raji—The Chargers center and the Packers nose tackle are the rocks on which both teams’ lines are built. This is the kind of classic matchup of two top linemen that figures to end in a draw, but will tilt the field dramatically if it doesn’t.
2. Antonio Gates vs. Charlie Peprah and Packers OLB—The Packers can be expected to mix their coverages on Gates. The veteran tight end continues to be Philip Rivers’ go-to receiver and the most-feared player in the Chargers offense.
3. Packers receivers vs. Chargers secondary—The Packers are considered to have the game’s deepest and most talented receiving corps, while the Chargers have the league’s No. 4 pass-defense. This will be a good battle to watch and will go a long way toward deciding the outcome.
4. Clay Matthews vs. Jeromey Clary—This is the kind of matchup Matthews routinely dominated last season. With a bye week worth of healing, and back home in California, is Matthews ready to resume his rush to the top of the sack stats?
5. Aaron Rodgers vs. Philip Rivers—Two elite quarterbacks can be expected to star in a made-for-TV thriller. Lots of yards and points are expected from Rodgers and Rivers. The quarterback that plays the best will win the game. Additional coverage - Nov. 4