1. Dom Capers vs. Andrew Luck—A rookie quarterback is an invitation for a defensive coordinator to go deep into his bag of tricks in attempting to disguise coverages and blitzes. In Luck’s case, he’ll be facing a 3-4 scheme for the first time in his pro career, and the coordinator of the Packers’ 3-4 just happens to be one of the game’s masters of intrigue.
2. Aaron Rodgers vs. Colts corners—The Colts are nursing injuries at cornerback. Blaine Gabbert completed an 80-yard touchdown pass – in part thanks to injuries that depleted the Colts secondary – in the last minute of the game to send the Colts into the bye week with a loss. You know what I mean?
3. Packers fans vs. Colts fans—A short drive on a picturesque fall weekend will no doubt pack Lucas Oil Stadium with Packers fans. Will Packers fans make the Colts go to a silent count?
4. Clay Matthews vs. Robert Mathis—May the best premier pass rusher win.
5. Charles Woodson vs. Colts passing game—It’s about time for the Packers to start intercepting some passes. Additional coverage - Oct. 5