1. Don Barclay vs. Cliff Avril—The Packers’ rookie tackle is going to get tested by one of the game’s best quick-twitch pass rushers.
2. Packers left guard vs. Nick Fairley—Fairley was a one-man wrecking crew in the last meeting between the two teams. He had two sacks, two tackles for loss, two quarterback hurries and a forced fumble. The Packers left guard, whether it’s Evan Dietrich-Smith or T.J. Lang, needs to lessen Fairley’s effectiveness for Aaron Rodgers to have the time he needs to throw the ball.
3. Both teams vs. the weather—One is a dome team and the other one plays well in domes. Lambeau Field will offer none of the comforts of a dome on Sunday night.
4. Matt Stafford vs. Aaron Rodgers—Stafford’s 54.0 passer rating in the last meeting was half of Rodgers’, and that won’t work for a Lions team that is No. 1 in the league in passing and built to throw the ball.
5. Dom Capers vs. Calvin Johnson—The Lions are depleted at receiver, which should afford the Packers defensive coordinator a chance to tilt his scheme in a big way toward Johnson. Additional coverage - Dec. 7