The NFL announced today that quarterbacks JOSH FREEMAN of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, PEYTON MANNING of the Denver Broncos and AARON RODGERS of the Green Bay Packers are the finalists for the Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on October 11-15, while running backs AHMAD BRADSHAW of the New York Giants, SHONN GREENE of the New York Jets and C.J. SPILLER of the Buffalo Bills are the finalists for the Ground NFL Player of the Week.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 3 p.m. EST on Friday to determine the Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.
A closer look at the Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Josh Freeman was 15 of 26 for 328 yards and three touchdowns as the Buccaneers beat the Kansas City Chiefs 38-10.
- Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning completed 24 of 30 passes for 309 yards and three touchdowns in the Broncos’ 35-24 come-from-behind victory over the San Diego Chargers.
- Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers threw six touchdowns going 24 of 37 for 338 yards in the Packers’ 42-24 win over the Houston Texans.
A closer look at the Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New York Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for 116 yards on 27 carries adding on one touchdown as the Giants beat the San Francisco 49ers 26-3.
- New York Jets RB Shonn Greene rushed for 161 yards on 32 carries and scored three times in the Jets’ 35-9 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.
- Buffalo Bills RB C.J. Spiller picked up 88 yards on 12 carries and scored one touchdown in the Bills’ 19-16 win over the Arizona Cardinals.