Event To Feature Key Members Of The Creative Team For The Upcoming Broadway Production About The Life Of The Hall Of Fame Coach
Tickets remain available for the special event, "An Evening with Lombardi," on Monday night, June 21, at 7 p.m. in the Legends Club of the Lambeau Field Atrium.
Tickets can be picked up, for a $10 donation, in person at the Packers' ticket office. On Monday, June 21, the ticket office will be open until 6:30 p.m. Cash or checks only will be accepted. Proceeds from the evening will benefit area theater groups.
Doors will open at 6 p.m. for the unique event which will feature key figures from the upcoming Broadway play, "Lombardi," talking about the production and the life of the legendary former Packers coach Vince Lombardi in a very intimate setting. The play is set to open on Broadway, in New York's Circle in the Square Theater, on Oct. 21.
The evening's participants will include:
• Veteran actor Dan Lauria ('The Wonder Years') who will play the legendary coach
• Pulitzer Prize-winning author David Maraniss, whose epic Lombardi biography "When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi," is the basis of the play
• Academy award-winner Eric Simonson, who is writing the original work
• Director Thomas Kail, whose previous work includes directing the Tony-award winning musical "In The Heights"
• "Lombardi" producers Tony Ponturo and Fran Kirmser
Wayne Larrivee, the radio play-by-play voice of the Packers, will serve as host for the night, which will feature a question-and-answer session, discussions on the Lombardi legacy, insight from the key individuals and a chance for Packers fans to get a special advance look into this very unique endeavor.
More information on the Broadway production of Lombardi is available online at www.lombardibroadway.com.
An NFL Network interview with Lauria about playing the role of Lombardi can be viewed online.