- Played in 13 games with nine starts at ILB as a rookie last season and ranked No. 5 on the team with 62 tackles (46 solo), a sack, four tackles for a loss, two QB hits, two QB pressures, an interception and five passes defensed.
- Part of a run defense that ranked No. 8 in the league in rushing yards allowed per game (94.7) and No. 7 in runs of 10-plus yards allowed (37) in 2016.
- Appeared in all three postseason games with one start and recorded five tackles (four solo), including a tackle for a loss, and added a tackle on special teams.
- Selected by Green Bay in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL Draft with the No. 137 overall selection. Was one of two players the Packers drafted out of Stanford (Kyle Murphy) in 2016. It was the third time since 2005 (UCLA – DE Datone Jones and RB Johnathan Franklin in 2013/Texas A&M – WR/KR Terrence Murphy and DE Michael Montgomery) that the Packers selected two players from the same school in the same draft.
- Was the first defensive player Green Bay had selected from Stanford since DE Lester Archambeau was chosen in the seventh round (No. 186 overall) in 1990.
- Joined Trent Murphy (Washington, second round, No. 47 overall, 2014) as the only Stanford linebackers to be selected in the NFL Draft since 2008.
Finished his collegiate career with 257 tackles (137 solo), 13½ tackles for loss, 6½ sacks, five interceptions and five forced fumbles in 51 games played…Started the final 27 games of his college career…Helped Stanford make a bowl appearance all four years as part of a school-record seven consecutive bowl games and win three Pacific-12 titles (2012, 2013, 2015)…Appeared in three Rose Bowls, helping the Cardinal win two…Earned his degree in management science and engineering…Senior season (2015): Led the team with a career-high 141 tackles (75 solo) in 14 games played, all starts…Recorded 84 more tackles than the No. 2 tackler on the team…Averaged 10.1 tackles/game to rank first in the Pac-12…Also notched 6½ tackles for a loss, 1½ sacks, a forced fumble, an interception, two quarterback hits and six pass breakups…Was named third-team All-America by AP, second-team All-America by USA Today and Phil Steele, and first-team All-Pac-12 by AP and Phil Steele’s College Football…Was a Butkus Award semifinalist and was on the watch lists for the Rotary Lombardi Award, Nagurski Trophy and Bednarik Award…Named a quarterfinalist for the Lott IMPACT Trophy…Earned second-team Midseason All-America honors from SI.com…Totaled 10-plus tackles in nine games, including tying his career-high 14 twice in the first three games of the season, at Northwestern (Sept. 5) and at USC (Sept. 19)…Registered 13 tackles (two solo) vs. Arizona (Oct. 3), marking his fifth consecutive game with 10-plus tackles…Tied his season high with 10 solo tackles (12 total) to go with one pass breakup vs. Notre Dame (Nov. 28) and was selected as the Lott IMPACT Player of the Week…Finished with nine tackles (five solo), a half-sack and a pass breakup vs. Iowa (Rose Bowl, Jan. 1)...Junior season (2014): Started all 13 games and totaled a team-best 102 tackles (53 solo), seven tackles for a loss, 4½ sacks, two forced fumbles, three interceptions, four quarterback hits and two pass breakups…Named third-team All-Pac-12 by Phil Steele’s College Football and All-Pac-12 honorable mention as well as second-team midseason All-Pac-12 by Phil Steele’s College Football…Earned Pac-12 All-Academic honors…Registered 10-plus tackles in four games, including in back-to-back weeks vs. USC (Sept. 6) and vs. Army (Sept. 13)…Finished with six tackles and a career-high 2½ sacks vs. Oregon State (Oct. 25)…Led the team with a career-best 14 tackles (nine solo) and registered a sack at Oregon (Nov. 1)…Recorded two interceptions, a forced fumble and a game-high 11 tackles at California (Nov. 22)…Sophomore season (2013): Appeared in 10 games, recording 11 tackles (seven solo)…Earned Pac-12 All-Academic honorable mention…Registered a season-best six tackles (two solo) and his first career forced fumble and interception vs. California (Nov. 23)…Freshman season (2012): Saw action in 14 games…Received Stanford’s Greg Piers Service Team Award on defense, which honors outstanding scout-team players…Recorded his first career tackle and quarterback hurry vs. Duke (Sept. 9).
Given name Blake Edmon Martinez…Born in Tucson, Ariz. …Nicknamed “Machinez” in college…Spent time in college working as an intern in commercial real estate…High school: Attended Mountain View (Ariz.) High School (2008-09), Santa Rita (Tucson, Ariz.) High School (2009) and Canyon del Oro (Oro Valley, Ariz.) High School (2010-11)…Set the school record at Canyon del Oro with 247 tackles…Two-time Southern Arizona Player of the Year and was named PrepStar All-West Region…Played tight end, running back, linebacker and wide receiver…Registered 1,100 yards of total offense as a senior…Lettered one year in basketball and volleyball and two years in track…Community involvement: Donates to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital for every 100 followers he gets on twitch.tv/packernation50 as well as 100 percent of the money he receives from subscriptions and ads…Visited cadets at the Challenge Academy in Fort McCoy, Wis. …Participated in events to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters…Signed autographs to raise money for The Salvation Army…Spoke to kids at Swanson Elementary School in Brookfield, Wis., and Pioneer Elementary School in Green Bay, Wis. ...Worked at a homeless shelter and children’s hospital and helped out at a dog-shelter auction while in college…Residence: Tucson, Ariz.