- Played in 24 regular-season games and four postseason contests for the Denver Broncos (2014-15) after spending his rookie season in 2013 on injured reserve (ankle).
- Set a career high with 13 tackles in 2015. Also contributed to a special-teams unit that finished No. 7 in the Dallas Morning News special teams rankings.
- Recorded six tackles (four solo), one sack, one pass defensed and one forced fumble in his first season of game action for Denver in 2014.
- Appeared in all four preseason contests (one start) for the Broncos in 2013 and tied for the team lead with a pair of sacks to go along with eight tackles (five solo) and one forced fumble.
- Entered the NFL with Denver as an undrafted ree agent on April 30, 2013.
Appeared in 42 games (17 starts) for the University of Florida and totaled 65 tackles (40 solo), 4½ sacks, one interception, five passes defensed, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery…Played in the East-West Shrine Game…Earned a degree in anthropology and criminology…Senior season (2012): Started all 12 games and set career highs with 25 tackles and three sacks…Also had one interception and one forced fumble…Named to the Butkus Award Preseason Watch list…Was a second-team midseason All-SEC pick by Phil Steele’s College Football…Hauled in his first career INT and returned it 25 yards to set up Florida’s first touchdown at Tennessee (Sept. 15)…Recovered a fumble that set up a touchdown vs. South Carolina (Oct. 20)…Junior season (2011): Saw action in nine games (five starts), recording 24 tackles, 1½ sacks, three passes defensed and one forced fumble...Missed four games due to injury…Tied for the team lead with four QB hurries and was fifth with 7½ tackles for a loss…Recorded a career-best seven tackles at LSU (Oct. 8)… Redshirt sophomore season (2010): Contributed in 10 games and posted six tackles (five solo) and one forced fumble on defense in addition to a blocked punt returned for a touchdown on special teams…Dressed but did not play in three games due to an ankle injury…Returned a blocked punt 27 yards for a his first career touchdown in the Outback Bowl vs. Penn State (Jan. 1)…Sophomore season (2009): Played in three games and notched five tackles (four solo) before injuring his hamstring and earning a medical redshirt…Freshman season (2008): Saw action on special teams and as a reserve linebacker in eight games…Registered five solo stops on the year.
Given name Lerenteé Zavonne McCray…First name is pronounced luh-REN-tay...Born in Gainesville, Fla. …High school: Starred as a two-way player for Dunnellon High School in Ocala, Fla., where he collected 118 tackles and nine sacks on defense to go along with 500 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns on offense as a senior to earn first-team Class 3A all-state honors…Community involvement: President of the Big Play McCray Foundation, Inc. (bigplaymccrayfoundation.com), which provides at-risk youth with outreach programs that include physical-fitness activities, educational-advancement workshops and wellness programs in an effort to promote healthy and active lifestyles as well as higher education…Residence: Tampa, Fla.