- Played for the Packers and the Raiders in 2013, starting a career-high five games on the season, with four of those starts coming with Green Bay (Weeks 13-16).
- Combining his statistics with Green Bay and Oakland in 2013, posted single-season career highs for completions (124), attempts (200), passing yards (1,392) and touchdowns (eight).
- Led the Packers to a 37-36 win last season at Dallas in Week 15 after trailing 26-3 at the half, matching the largest comeback in franchise history (23 points vs. Los Angeles Rams, Sept. 12, 1982).
- Signed with Seattle as an unrestricted free agent in March 2012 and went on to appear in three games for the Seahawks that season. Served as the No. 2 QB, backing up rookie Russell Wilson.
- Served as the No. 2 quarterback for Green Bay behind Aaron Rodgers from 2008-11, appearing in 34 games with two starts and throwing for 1,015 yards and nine TDs with five INTs on 82-of-132 passing (62.1 percent) for a 92.8 passer rating.
- Held for field goals and extra points in two separate stints in 2008 and 2009.
- Threw for 480 yards and six TDs for Green Bay in the 2011 season finale vs. Detroit, franchise records at the time that were later matched by Rodgers. Is one of only three QBs in NFL history (Y.A. Tittle, Joe Namath) to throw for 480-plus yards and six-plus TDs in the same game.
- Combined with his performance at New England in Week 15 of the 2010 season, he joined Dan Marino and Kurt Warner as the only three NFL quarterbacks (whose careers started since 1970) to throw three-plus TDs in each of their first two career starts.
- Started his first pro game in 2010 at New England (11-2) in Week 15, and his 100.2 passer rating in the contest was the highest by any NFL quarterback making his first start against a team with a 10-2 record or better since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger.
- Was selected by the Packers with the first of two seventh-round selections (No. 209 overall) in the 2008 NFL Draft.
Patiently waited his turn to become the Tigers’ starting QB, playing behind a pair of NFL draft picks in Matt Mauck (selected in seventh round by Denver in 2004) and JaMarcus Russell (first overall pick by Oakland in 2007)…After serving as a backup for three seasons, capped LSU career by leading the Tigers to the 2007 BCS National Championship with a win over Ohio State and earned Offensive MVP honors in the game…Finished career with an 11-2 mark as the Tigers’ starter, which included a 10-2 mark as a senior in ’07…Despite serving as LSU’s starting QB for only one season, still managed to throw for 3,096 yards and 31 TDs during his career…Was tied for the sixth-highest TD total at the end of his career…Also served as the holder on FGs and PATs throughout his career at LSU…Majored in general studies.
Given name Matthew Clayton Flynn…Born in Tyler, Texas…Married, wife’s name is Lacey…Father, Alvin, was a three-year letterwinner (1967-69) at QB at Baylor…Is an uncle to seven nieces and nephews…Sister, Amanda, is a stage actress who has performed in Mamma Mia! in Las Vegas and Wicked in Los Angeles, and is currently auditioning for roles in New York City…High school: One of the top-rated QBs in the state at Robert E. Lee High in Tyler, Texas…Ranked the No. 20 QB in the country by Tom Lemming of ESPN.com…Was a member of the SuperPrep Texas 124, Dallas Morning News Texas Top 100 and the Tyler Morning Telegraph All-East Texas Football Team…Threw for 1,679 yards and nine TDs while also showing his versatility with 305 yards rushing and 12 TDs…Displayed his toughness by leading team to a semifinal appearance in one of the toughest classifications in Texas with a broken foot for the last four games…Community involvement: Was part of the Packers Tailgate Tour in 2011…Signed autographs and posed for photos at Pals Halloween Party…Interacted with kids and signed autographs at Kids Day for the City of Green Bay…Was a celebrity guest at fundraising dinner for the Donald Driver Foundation and participated in the Donald Driver Celebrity Softball Game…Hobbies/interests: Enjoys golfing, hunting and fishing, and is an avid pingpong player…Is also a music enthusiast, listing Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin and Lynyrd Skynyrd as his favorite bands…Residence: Baton Rouge, La.